The substitute reference librarian provides reference service, reader’s advisory and assistance with public workstations, MEL and other electronic resources, software and internet searching. A substitute librarian may be called upon to provide support for programs, displays, and other projects as needed. Additional hours likely to be available during the summer of 2023.
- Conducting reference interviews to determine user’s needs
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory service to all patrons as needed, in-person, by email or telephone.
- Assisting library users with the online catalog, MEL databases, Overdrive, Hoopla, E-readers etc.
- Assisting with program support as needed.
- Maintaining proper learning environment through enforcement of library policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school
- Ability to provide high quality library service to patrons of all ages
- Demonstrated knowledge of public library materials and resources
- Ability to prioritize duties and tasks and work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Firefox and Chrome
- Availability to work shifts of 2-6 hours on (sometimes on short notice) at various hours (library is open 44 hours per week)
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, keyboarding, using technology (computers, scanners, printers, copiers).
- Bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting.
- Carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Standing, walking, sitting for periods of time.
$17/per hour; no benefits are attached to this position.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Barbara Beaton, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 151 Wabash St., Milan, MI 48160. No calls please.