WHAT HOURS IS CURBSIDE SERVICE AVAILABLE?
HOW DO I REQUEST ITEMS FOR CURBSIDE PICKUP?
You can either:
- Place a reserve on items through our online catalog (most efficient).
- Call the library during open hours (see above) at 734-439-1240 to request items.
- Email the library at email@example.com (general requests) or firstname.lastname@example.org (youth requests).
- Fill out a request for children's and/or teen books here: bit.ly/YouthBookRequest
HOW DO I REQUEST ITEMS IN THE CATALOG FOR PICKUP?
- Go to milanlibrary.org and click on the Catalog/My Account link.
- Log in to your account with your library card number and password. If you don’t recall your password, just give us a call during open hours and we will help you reset it.
- Find the item(s) you are interested in and click on “place a hold”.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE TO PICK UP?
We will call you or email you to let you know that your items are ready for pick up. Please allow 48 hours for items to be located and placed on hold for you.
HOW DO I PICK UP MY STUFF?
- AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED YOUR ITEMS ARE READY, pull up near (but not right in front of) the book drop box.
- Call the library 734-439-1240 to let us know you’re here and your name.
- A staff member will bring out your items in a bag and can place them either in your trunk (please open when you arrive) OR at the curb near your car.
- You MAY be asked to show a photo ID through the window of your car.
HOW DO I RETURN ITEMS TO THE LIBRARY?
You can return items inside the library during our open hours. You can also return most items in the drive-up drop box at any time. Oversized items that will not fit in the drop box can be returned inside the library or to a staff member at the curb, if you call to let us know you'll be returning them curbside.