Once again, we’re going to go easy with this! No need to register -- just start working on the challenges! As always, if you'd like some help picking out a title, give us a call (439-1240) or email us (email@example.com).
Here's how it works:
Be a resident of the City of Milan or its environs and/or a library card holder here!
Choose ANY FIVE challenges from the list below and submit them as the online forms go live over the course of the summer.
For each challenge you complete, you will receive 10 tickets for Grand Prize Drawings. Grand Prizes will be gift cards to local businesses and bookstores. If you submit all FIVE challenges, you'll get 10 extra drawing tickets and a special Surprise Prize!
Challenge Choices (watch for new options as we think of them!):
- Read/listen to/watch a book or DVD with the word “possibility or possibilities” in the title.
- Read/listen to/watch a book or DVD about the ocean or ocean life.
- Read a book from our classics collection.
- Read a type of book (mystery, sci fi, nonfiction) or an author that’s new to you.
- Read/listen to an award winning book. (Starter List HERE)
- Read/listen to any book that’s ever been a bestseller.
- Read a biography of someone you admire (browse in the 921 call numbers or search biography in the catalog).
- Read/listen to a book that's been on your 'to read' list longer than two years!
- Read a Michigan Notable Book from any year (free e-book versions here.) Or you can search in our catalog for 'michigan notable books'.
- Participate in one of our many virtual or outdoor programs this summer!
- Check out a cookbook and try a new recipe!
- Try your hand at a new craft or hobby! (Search our catalog for crafts, carpentry, games, painting, ceramics, drawing, knitting, crochet, etc.)
- Check out a puzzle or one of our new Library of Things items.
- Read to someone for three hours (total, doesn’t have to be all at once!).
- Write a review of one of the books you’ve read/listened to and submit it (bonus points if you allow us to share it on social media, anonymously if you prefer).
- Check out a book or DVD about Michigan, the wilderness, nature, parks, hiking, camping, or travel.
- Check out the Great State of Michigan by using a Michigan Activity Pass!
- Pick a resource from the Michigan Electronic Library (MEL) collection. Dive in (so to speak) and find something of interest! Tell us about it! (Include the name of the resource and what you found).
- Check out one of our in-library exhibits and tell us what you learned and/or liked about it!
- Learn a new game (check out a game and/or check out a book about games (e.g. chess, cards, brain puzzles, etc.)
Have (More) Fun!
- Read a book or watch a movie/tv show that makes you laugh! (List HERE.)
- Check out and read 3 magazines, either from our print collection or from our Woodlands Library Cooperative Overdrive collection.
- Check out something from our Library of Things (bird watching, ice cream maker, metal detector, and more!).
Watch for the online forms to submit your challenges as they go live on the following Fridays before noon:
June 24 Challenge #1
July 8 Challenge #2
July 22 Challenge #3
August 5 Challenge #4
August 19 Challenge #5
Questions? Comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you!