You voted for a new name for our 6th through 12th grade programs and the new name is TNT (for Teens and Tweens). TNT had the most votes, followed by Teens and Tweens in second place. Thank you to everyone who voted.
TNT Advisory Group
Our plans are for TAG to meet monthly to:
- suggest books, audiobooks, videos, and CDs for the library to purchase
- suggest and contribute to planning programs for 6th through 12th graders
- volunteer at the library (This could count for community service for your organizations that require it.)
See information about Books and Bites, Game Days, and other programs here.
Library Card Sign-up Month
We’re celebrating Library Card Sign-up Month with a prize drawing throughout September. You may enter when you:
– sign up for a new card
– renew an expired card
– check out items from the library (You may enter once each day you check out items.)
– check out e-books or e-audiobooks (You may enter once each day you check out e-books or e-audiobooks.)
– submit a photograph of your library card for our display.
See more information here.
Getting a library card
You may get a free library card from our library if you live in the city of Milan, Augusta Township, or the parts of Pittsfield Township and York Township that are in Milan Area Schools.
You may also use your card from other MILibrary card participating libraries at our library.
See here for everything you need to know about getting a library card.
Using your library card
How many books can I check out?
Can I renew DVDs?
What is a Michigan Adventure Pass?
Can I use the MeL databases to do research for a school project?
Click here for information about what you can do with your library card.
Summer Reading Program
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Summer Reading Program this year, the Friends of Milan Public Library for their support, the City of Milan for the use of space for programs, and our community businesses who donated prizes:
Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
Basil Boys Pizza
Friends of Milan Public Library
Milan Dairy Barn
See additional information about our Summer Reading Program here.