Check out the library’s Mobile Hotspots!
Thanks to the Friends of Milan Public Library, we now offer WiFi Mobile Hotspots for 3 or 7 day loans to Milan card holders over 18 years old. Great for travel, working away from school or home, or internet access anywhere you don’t already have it. The rental fee (to cover the monthly access charges) is $5 for 3 days, $10 for 7 days and includes unlimited data. Each WiFi Mobile Hotspot Device supports internet access for up to 10 devices.
We also offer Mobile Hotspot reservations for specific dates. The reservation fee is $7 to reserve a Hotspot for a family vacation, holidays, or any specific time of year your may need it. To reserve a hotspot for a specific date, click here.
Who can Borrow:
• A current Milan Public Library Card in good standing is required to check out a mobile hotspot device. (MI Library card holders and Milan Business card holders are not eligible).
• Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older, and must read, understand and sign this agreement in the presence of a library staff member in order to check out an MPL Mobile Hotspot.
Loans, Fees and Fines
• Devices may be checked out for either 3 calendar days ($5) or for 7 calendar days ($10).
• Overdue devices will be deactivated within 24 hours of the due date and fines will begin accruing. There is NO grace period on due dates for Mobile Hotspots.
• The overdue fine is $2.00 per day until returned.
• Patrons will be charged $25 for Mobile HotSpots returned to a book drop (indoor or outdoor) or to another library.
About the HotSpot Devices
• Hotspots can provide WI-FI access for up to 10 devices.
• NOTE to PARENTS/GUARDIANS: internet content filtering is NOT provided by the hotspot devices. Parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring any use by children.
• Devices should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; DO NOT leave it in your car.
• T-Mobile’s coverage map can be viewed here: http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage-map.html
• To abide by the Milan Public Library’s Mobile HotSpot Lending Guidelines as stated above.
• To pay any/all overdue fines for late returns.
• To pay full repair and/or replacement costs should the Mobile HotSpot or any peripherals be lost, damaged or not returned.
• To return the MPL Mobile Hotspot to Information Desk of the Milan Public Library. Returning a Hotspot to a drop box or to another library will result in a $25.00 fine.