The Friends of Milan Public Library invite you to join us in support of this important community resource: your library!
The Friends are off to a great fresh start following the June 25 meeting. The next meeting will be Saturday, July 30 at 10:00 a.m. at the Library. All are welcome! If you’d like to participate, but can’t make the meeting, just email email@example.com and let us know to add you to our membership and mailing list.
Come and learn more about the Friends and how you can play a part (large or small!) in supporting your community library. RSVP requested, but not required, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-439-1240.
Watch for the new Friends of the Library Facebook page in the coming weeks.
The Friends of the Library support numerous library programs including:
– Summer Reading Program
– Library programs and events
– Library computers and technology
– Library furniture
– Books for Babies – kits for newborns
– Books for Veterans Administration Hospital patients
– Book Bunch discussion forum
The Friends provide an ongoing book sale at the library. Donations are welcome (see guidelines below) and you are invited to shop for books, DVDs, and audiobooks any time the library is open.
Membership categories are:
Bronze Patron: $25.00
Silver Patron: $50.00
Gold Patron: $100.00
Life Member: $150.00
The Friends of the Milan Public Library is a member of Friends of Libraries U.S.A. and Friends of Michigan Libraries.
For more information, contact the library at 734-439-1240.
Book/DVD/Audiobook Donation Guidelines
1. ONLY materials in good to excellent condition can be accepted. NO soiled, stained, torn, worn, moldy, or very old materials can be accepted.
2. We reserve the right to decide what to do with your donations. We may decide to: A) Add them to the library’s collection, B) Put them in the Friends of the Library Book Sale, C) place them on the “free” shelf or D) donate them to another library or organization.
3. No magazines can be accepted. (However, we do have a magazine exchange on the “free” shelf in the lobby. You may leave magazines there.)
4. No textbooks, encyclopedia sets, Reader’s Digest Condensed Books, or videos with the X rating will be accepted.
5. We can give you a receipt for tax purposes.
6. We may occasionally be unable to accept donations because of limited storage space. It is always best to call ahead. (734) 439-1240
7. Please bring only a few boxes at a time due to space limitation.
8. If you have very old books you may want to consider recycling them at the Ann Arbor Recycling Drop Off Station: 2950 E. Ellsworth, Ann Arbor, MI 48108; (734) 971-7400; http://www.recycleannarbor.org/