What is OverDrive?
Overdrive is a collection of digital materials, including e-books and audiobooks, available for download to computers, e-readers and other portable devices such as iPods and now, Kindles! The collection includes many popular titles which can be downloaded and ‘checked out’ like regular library materials. When an item is due, it is automatically deleted from your device, but you can return titles early if you are finished with them. No overdues!!! Popular items may have a wait list, but you can place a reserve on any item and be notified when it’s available.
1) Make sure you have a compatible device. You can view a list here.
2) Download the necessary software to your laptop, e-reader or other portable device.
3) Search the Woodlands Downloadable Library catalog for available titles. You will need to sign in with your Milan Public Library card number (in the upper right corner of the page) to reserve or check out titles.
4) Follow the instructions for transferring titles to your specific device.
5) Get help! For help with transferring titles to specific types of devices, check out the online help at the bottom left of the Woodlands Library page. General and media specific help is also available here. Brief instructional videos are available here.
There are also many sources of free ebooks and audiobooks online. Click here for a list and links. We will be adding to this as we discover new sources!
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 734-439-1240.
Please let us know what you think of this new service!